Your feet are exposed to a lot of wear and tear, and if you don't take care of them, they'll undergo severe damage. If you're interested in orthotics, your Hayden, Sandpoint and Kellogg, ID, and Spokane Valley, WA, podiatrist, Dr. Jacqueline Babol, can help.
Here is some more information about orthotics before meeting your doctor.
Who can get orthotics?
Adults and children can get athletic, walking, or work shoes. Our podiatrist owns shoe store specializing in fitting and customizing proper footwear.
What types of foot problems could need orthotics?
There are several issues you may suffer from, including:
- Achilles Tendinitis
- Flat Feet
- Cavus Foot
- Claw Toe
- Club Foot
- Diabetic Foot
- Mallet Toes
- Heel Pain
- High Arches
- Plantar Fasciitis
What types of orthotics does your Hayden, Sandpoint, Kellogg and Spokane Valley doctor offer?
- Rigid Orthotics: These are inserts that change your foot's functions by preventing extreme overpronation, evening limbs and reducing pain in lower back and upper legs.
- Soft Orthotics: They absorb shock and reduce pressure in specific spots in the foot and ankle. Soft orthopedic inserts are soft and flexible. They're used to treat plantar fasciitis, runner’s knee, cavus foot and diabetes-related problems.
- Semi-Rigid Orthotics: They reinforce balance and agility making them useful for athletes. They're made of alternating layers of soft and firm material.
What are the benefits of orthotics?
Custom orthopedic shoes accommodate your specific foot arches, ankles, heels and toes, bony prominences, and pressure points.
Some other benefits include:
- They accommodate people who suffer from diabetic ulcers, deformed toes, collapsed arches, digital amputation, bunions, calluses, charcot, and hammertoes.
- Orthotics provide better balance and support.
- Kids get quality orthopedic shoes with padded midsoles and wide toe boxes so they have comfortable boots, sneakers and more.
Who should you call?
Feel free to call your Hayden, Sandpoint and Kellogg, ID, and Spokane Valley, WA, podiatrist to make an appointment today!